GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Police responded to a 911 call in which they say they heard gunfire. Officials say when they arrived at the home near Grants Pass they found a dead man and a wounded mother and daughter.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said that the deputies who responded to the call from Kristie Hodges on Friday night found her with several gunshot wounds.
Officials say she is in stable condition in a hospital.
They say they also found the body of her father Richard Rudolph with apparent gunshot and stab wounds. Officials say Kristie Hodges' 16-year-old daughter had blunt and sharp force injuries and is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
Officials tell KEZI 9 News that officers found Hodge's husband, David Edward Hodges, around 2 a.m. on Saturday hiding under a tree across the highway from the house. They say he was arrested on multiple charges, including murder.
- 1 dead, 2 injured in attack; relative arrested
- Douglas County man admits to abusing 5-year-old relative
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Relatively drier weather expected through Saturday
- 14 dead and 145 people injured in Taliban bomb attack in Afghanistan
- One dead, one injured in fiery crash
- Six killed, 51 schoolchildren injured in Taliban attack on Kabul
- Woman arrested after knife attack in Bandon
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in Tenmile
- One dead, one injured following shooting in Blodgett
- 1 dead, 1 injured after shooting at Salem home