SWEET HOME, Ore. -- Page Butterfield, 25, has been arrested in connection with a fatal shooting in Sweet Home.
Sweet Home Police Chief Jeff Lynn said two men were shot at about 2:30 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of Surrey Lane. Corey Burdick, 43, of Sweet Home died at the scene, and Ervin Larry Smith, 65, was also shot and taken to the hospital.
According to police, the incident occurred near a travel trailer occupied by Smith on Surrey Lane in Sweet Home. The Oregon State Police Crime Lab responded and assisted with the processing of the evidence at the scene.
Police say detectives identified Butterfield as the suspect. It was also reported to the Albany Police Department that Butterfield had stolen a 2008 Red Ford Edge from an acquaintance in Albany.
On Sunday at around 5:45 p.m., Sweet Home Police say Butterfield was arrested by Oregon State Police after trying to flee from them in the area of Sisters.
Butterfield is being held at the Linn County Jail for the charges of murder, attempted murder, felon in possession of a firearm and unlawful use of a motor vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Man arrested after fatal shooting in Sweet Home
- Man dead after shooting near Sweet Home
- Sweet Home Police make identity theft arrest
- Sweet Home mother arrested for alleged child abuse
- 8 people arrested in Sweet Home drug bust
- Two arrested, two others sought in Sweet Home vehicle theft
- Troopers arrest felon for wildlife offenses in Sweet Home
- Sweet Home police arrest teen in connection with school threat
- OSP trooper honored in Sweet Home
- Police investigate crash in Sweet Home