Pete Davidson dated Ariana Grande right after her breakup with Mac Miller and Davidson now says the rapper's death factored into their split.
In an extensive interview with Charlamagne Tha God, Davidson talked about a few of his high-profile relationships, including his engagement to Grande.
The "Saturday Night Live" star and pop singer went public with their romance in May 2018, which was around the same time people became aware that she and Miller had split after two years together.
Soon after Davidson and Grande ended their engagement.
"I pretty much knew it was over after that," he said. "That was really horrible and I can't imagine what that s*** is like."
Davidson said Grande loved Miller deeply and the comic said he offered to be there for her during her grief until she didn't need him anymore.
Davidson also said he doesn't love being known more for who he dates than his actual work.
It's also made working on "SNL" a bit awkward, he said, because he's sometimes been the subject of jokes. That made him consider his exit from the legendary show, he said.
"I really wanted last year to be my last year, but I'm still around and trying to knock it away," he said.
- Pete Davidson knew it was 'over' with Ariana Grande after Mac Miller died
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson split
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson end engagement
- Ariana Grande speaks post Pete Davidson split
- Ariana Grande honors 'dearest friend' Mac Miller
- Pete Davidson: I got death threats over Ariana Grande
- Ariana Grande y Pete Davidson ponen fin a su compromiso
- Fans mourn Ariana Grande and Mac Miller split
- El tributo de Ariana Grande a Mac Miller
- Pete Davidson: Recibí amenazas de muerte por salir con Ariana Grande