A random coffee cup's cameo in "Game of Thrones" was short-lived.
After hawk-eyed viewers spotted an out-of-place coffee cup in Sunday night's episode of "Game of Thrones," the show's creators quietly digitally removed the anachronism.
The characters in the show drink wine and giant's milk, but apparently not coffee. The scene is now caffeine-less on HBO Go, which streams the show.
Here's a close up.
HBO acknowledged the error in a Monday tweet, revealing that fierce dragon queen Daenerys is more of a tea than coffee gal.
"The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake," the show's producers wrote. "#Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea."
Executive producer Bernie Caulfield apologized for the slip-up in a Monday interview with WNYC.
"I can't believe it. Our prop people and decorators are so, you know, so on it 1,000%," Caulfield said. She added that, "if that's the worst thing they're finding, then we're in good shape."
She joked that "Westeros was the first place to actually have Starbucks -- that's a little known fact."
There are now just two episodes left in the "Game of Thrones" finale, but fans probably won't let this accidental coffee cup go for awhile.
- The infamous coffee cup in that 'Game of Thrones' episode has now vanished
- 'Game of Thrones' Episode 3 recap: Say hello to the god of death
- 'Game of Thrones' Episode 2 recap: Let's all sit by the fire before we die
- 'Game of Thrones' is over, so now what?
- A Song of Coffee and Water: 'Game of Thrones' leaves plastic bottle in shot during finale
- 'Game of Thrones' prequel, 'House of the Dragon,' coming to HBO
- There's a global 'Game of Thrones' scavenger hunt going on
- Arya Stark's sexual awakening on 'Game of Thrones' is a big deal
- 'The Simpsons' is pulling its Michael Jackson episode
- A welder in Kentucky made a homemade replica of the throne in 'Game of Thrones'