A man wielding a knife has been shot after he attacked an officer outside a police station in central Brussels early on Tuesday morning, a Brussels police spokesman told CNN.
The attack took place outside the police station on Rue du Marche au Charbon.
One police officer was injured in the attack, his condition is not thought to be serious. The attacker was shot and is in the hospital receiving treatment.
Police spokesman Ilse Van De Keere said there had been no confirmation yet whether or not it was a terror incident and investigations were ongoing.
Developing story, more to come.
- Officer attacked by knife-wielding man outside police station in Brussels
- Man wielding knife shot dead at police station near Barcelona
- LAPD releases video of officers shooting knife-wielding man, hostage
- Police: Knife-wielding man shot by officer after ramming police vehicle, barricading himself in WVC home
- Security guards kill knife-wielding man inside Barnes-Jewish complex
- Samurai sword-wielding man killed by police
- Man injured in Brussels terrorist attack while serving LDS mission posts video forgiving attackers
- 67-Year-Old Man Uses Cane to Fight Off Knife-Wielding Robber
- Family attacked at gas station
- Machete-wielding woman charged with assault after storming into BP station