Twenty-two migrants were killed and 13 others were injured Sunday when a truck carrying them overturned, Turkey's state-run news agency Anadolu reported.
The accident occurred as the truck was heading from Aydin province to Izmir. Details of the incident were not immediately available.
Accidents, disasters and safety
Continents and regions
Deaths and fatalities
Immigration, citizenship and displacement
International relations and national security
Middle East and North Africa
Children were among those killed, Anadolu said.
The local prosecutor's office has launched an investigation, according to the report.
- Truck carrying migrants in Turkey crashes; 22 killed
- Several killed after train crash in Turkey
- 5 things for January 22: Shutdown, women's march, Turkey
- High-speed train crashes in Turkey, killing 9
- At least 22 killed in Uganda bus crash
- URGENT - Train carrying members of Congress hits a truck
- Train carrying members of Congress hits truck, 1 dead
- Truck carrying load of Axe body spray explodes in Texas
- Four killed in Turkey university shooting
- Paint truck crashes into pond