The White House withdrew the nomination of Circuit Court hopeful Ryan Bounds on Thursday, moments before the nominee was to face his Senate confirmation vote and after South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott raised concerns.
Missouri Republican Sen. Roy Blunt said the White House is withdrawing Bounds because of writings while he was at Stanford University that are considered racially insensitive.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
- Circuit Court nomination pulled moments before vote over racially insensitive writing
- White House nominations to 9th Circuit set off firestorm
- Trump nominates Neomi Rao to replace Kavanaugh on DC Circuit
- Penn Jillette claims Trump said 'racially insensitive' comments during 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Supreme Court Nominations Fast Facts
- President Trump's other insensitive comments on race and ethnicity
- Shaun White apologizes for 'insensitive' Simple Jack Halloween costume
- Kavanaugh nomination advances to final vote
- Mike Pence hits 2018 fundraising circuit
- How did write-in votes impact the U.S Senate Election?