A 4-year-old girl was hospitalized Thursday morning after a shooting near Fountain Square.
An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer said the child was sitting on a couch watching television just before 3 a.m. when she was hit by a bullet that came through the wall of a home on Renton Street, near the intersection of Rural and Minnesota streets.
Police had been called to the area on a report of gunshots, but callers to 911 were not specific about where the shots came from.
The 4-year-old was hit in the foot by the gunshot. She was taken to a hospital in good condition.
Police found shell casings from a rifle in the street outside the house and say several rounds had been fired. Investigators have not said whether this was a targeted shooting, but officers say they do not believe there is a threat to anyone else in the area.
- Child wounded by gunshots fired into a house
- Toddler dies from gunshot wound
- Coroner: All Las Vegas victims died from gunshot wounds
- Juvenile walks into CHKD with gunshot wound; Shooting suspect arrested
- 25 gunshots fired at residence
- Witness: So many gunshots
- Man says argument over peach cobbler left him with a gunshot wound
- One year after grievous gunshot wound, Steve Scalise takes the field
- Most of the Borderline shooting victims died from multiple gunshot wounds
- Dead sea lions with gunshot wounds are washing up in Puget Sound