Just in time for World Chimpanzee Day on July 14, a 26-year-old male chimpanzee, Kijana, is making his public debut at the Saint Louis Zoo.
Kijana moved to St. Louis from the Little Rock Zoo in Arkansas in April to join the family, or troop, of eight at the Donn and Marilyn Lipton Fragile Forest in the Saint Louis Zoo.
- Saint Louis Zoo welcomes 26-year-old chimpanzee, Kijana
- Zoo welcomes new baby sloth
- Saint Louis Zoo elephant Kenzi, daughter of Raja, dies of viral infection
- Virginia Zoo welcomes new Red Panda
- Louis Farrakhan Fast Facts
- Meet Samson: Oregon Zoo welcomes 19-year-old Asian elephant
- San Diego Zoo welcomes birth of 'rarest big cat' cubs
- 26-year-old charged with near-deadly beating of 3-year-old
- 26-year-old face transplant patient reveals new face
- Bre Payton, 26-year-old conservative writer, dies following sudden illness