A truck carrying liquid manure was involved in an incident that closed a road in Ellington on Tuesday morning.
According to state police, Frog Hollow Road was closed around 7 a.m. at Crane Road because a trailer tipped over and spilled the manure.
Dispatchers said the trailer was carrying 6,000 gallons of manure. It rolled into a field and leaked about 3,000 gallons.
Also, between 10 and 15 gallons of diesel fuel leaked.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection was called to the scene because of the diesel aspect of the spill.
The driver was ok and refused medical treatment.
There's no word on a cause.
- Thousands of gallons of manure spill when farm trailer tips over
- Tractor-trailer spills 9,000 gallons of gasoline
- 300,000 gallons of raw sewage spilling near river
- Thousands of gallons of oil leaked at Waterbury manufacturer
- Republican infighting over immigration spills over with farm bill collapse
- Bomb squad responds to manure-filled package sent to Mnuchin's LA home
- Road-rage incident spills out on highway
- Trump: Democrat policies spilling innocent blood
- A cruise ship spills thousands of liters of waste in the Great Barrier Reef, harming coral already in troubled water
- 'Captain Marvel' debuts first trailer