Practically nothing is known about Jordan Peele's sophomore film, but just the thought was enough to thrill his fans.
The writer/director announced on social media Tuesday that his new film is titled "Us" and will be in theaters March 2019.
Peele tweeted about the new movie
Fans are already excited
Peele's first film, the satirical horror movie "Get Out," made history when he became the first African American to win an Oscar for best original screenplay in March.
"I thought no one would ever make this movie," Peele said during his acceptance speech. "But I kept coming back to it because I knew that if someone let me make this movie, that people would hear it and people would see it."
The film also did well at the box office and made "the sunken place" a part of the pop culture zeitgeist.
Peele's followers immediately took to social media to express their excitement over the new project and to try and figure out the plot.
The poster for the film, which Peele posted in a tweet, doesn't give much away other than calling it "A New Nightmare from the Mind of Academy Award Winner Jordan Peele."
- Jordan Peele reveals next film
- Jordan Peele debuts first trailer for 'Us'
- Guillermo del Toro, Jordan Peele among DGA Awards winners
- Thanks to 'Get Out,' Jordan Peele is in a league of his own
- Jordan Peele is doing a show about Nazi hunters for Amazon
- See the first trailer for Jordan Peele's 'Get Out' follow-up
- Would you eat a banana and its peel?
- Michael Jordan Fast Facts
- Cannes Film Festival Fast Facts
- Jordan Spieth 'haunted' by infamous Masters meltdown