A man pulled out a gun and threatened another parent while they were waiting in line to pick up their children from school yesterday afternoon.
The incident occurred shortly before 4 p.m. on April 12 at Cypress Cove Elementary School, according to the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office.
Thirty-two-year-old Tyronne Causey pulled out a handgun after becoming enraged at another parent in the car line.
The school was briefly placed on lockdown, and Causey was arrested at the scene for aggravated assault with a firearm and possession of a firearm in a firearm-free zone, according to the STPSO.
- Man pulls gun on fellow parent in car line at elementary school in Slidell
- Slidell shoplifter accused of trying to disarm police officer
- Parents pull kids from school because of a list
- Pinellas County parent arrested for unloading firearm in student pick-up car line at school
- Elementary school warns parents of possible tuberculosis exposure
- Watch robber grab iPad, dash out the door at Slidell AT&T store
- Police: Man pulls gun on deputies, gets fatally shot
- Man tackled after allegedly pulling gun in church
- Substitute sent home for bringing gun to elementary school
- Woman pulled from pond after car submerges