Marcus Mariota is making waves again - but it's not for the way he can throw a game winning touchdown pass (to himself).
While on O'ahu for the Motiv8 Foundation, a non-profit organization established by Mariota in his rookie year, Hawai'i's Heisman Trophy winner traded in his helmet and pads for a boogie board and fins.
The Tennessee Titans starting quarterback and Saint Louis School alum was spotted Wednesday morning at Sandy beach - reportedly one of his favorite bodyboarding spots.
In between swells Mariota was even pictured smiling and chatting with other beach goers.
News of a contract clause forbidding Mariota from surfing swelled in 2015 when the then No. 2 overall NFL draft pick remained unsigned weeks into the recruitment season.
The NFL and sources close to Mariota's contract would later go on to say the clause as a myth.
- Homebound Heisman winner returns to favorite surf spot
- Heisman Trophy Fast Facts
- Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray apologizes for old homophobic tweets
- New guard NOLA chef shares her favorite spots
- Kentucky Derby winner Justify hot favorite for the Preakness Stakes
- Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray wins the Heisman trophy
- Surfing: World Surf League announces gender pay parity from 2019
- Kelly Slater's 'incredible' Surf Ranch hosts first pro surfing event
- Carnoustie: Paul Lawrie's favorite course
- Shark attack halts Australia surf competition