Corey Feldman took to Twitter Tuesday night to say he had been hospitalized after being stabbed.
LAPD Officer Drake Madison told CNN they are investigating an incident involving Feldman.
"A person opened the driver door, made a stabbing motion at the actor's midsection and then fled," Madison said.
Feldman drove himself to the hospital. The actor did not suffer lacerations but there was some redness on his midsection, Madison said.
The former child star took to Twitter and posted several pictures of himself laying in a hospital bed.
"IM IN THE HOSPITAL! I WAS ATTACKED 2NITE! A MAN OPENED MY CAR DOOR & STABBED ME W SOMETHING! PLEASE SAY PRAYERS 4 US," Feldman tweeted. "THANK GOD IT WAS ONLY MYSELF & MY SECURITY IN THE CAR, WHEN 3 MEN APPROACHED! WHILE SECURITY WAS DISTRACTED, W A GUY A CAR PULLED UP & ATTACKED! I'M OK!"
An LAPD spokesperson told CNN the incident is being investigated as "an assault with a deadly weapon."
According to a spokesperson for Feldman, he was stabbed with what they believe to be a needle or syringe.
"There was a small laceration, but the main concern was that he might have been infected with poison or a virus," Feldman's publicist told CNN.
Feldman was released from the hospital Wednesday morning, his publicist said.
CNN's Stella Chan contributed to this report.
- Corey Feldman says he was stabbed; LAPD investigating
- Scottsdale police arrest man in 2015 murder of Allison Feldman
- LAPD Officer Being Investigated in Sexual Assault of Minor
- LAPD Motorcycle Officer Hospitalized Following Crash
- LAPD responds to bear sighting in neighborhood
- LAPD: Employee killed by officer's bullet
- Corey Lewandowski joining Pence's political action committee
- How Corey Stewart is dividing Republicans already
- Trader Joe's employee was killed by officer's bullet, LAPD says
- LAPD releases video of officers shooting knife-wielding man, hostage