A man was arrested for posing as an immigration official and targeting people seeking lawful citizenship status.
California's Attorney General warned about this scam, saying that the man was charging both documented and undocumented immigrants thousands of dollars to provide services he was not qualified to give.
None of the victims were able to obtain legal citizenship status as a result of this.
The scammer is being held on $80,000 bail.
- Man arrested for posing as immigration offical
- Aging undocumented immigrants pose costly health care challenge
- Suspect accused of posing as officer, sexually assaulting women
- Paul Whelan's arrest poses opportunities for Putin and Trump
- Man arraigned after allegedly posing as young boy on Instagram
- Twins pose as Olympians for Instagram
- Woman posing as nurse takes personal information
- O'Rourke, Cruz pose together for photo
- Man arrested for impersonating police officer