Donald Trump Jr. and his wife Vanessa Trump are separating, they announced in a joint statement Thursday.
"After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways," the statement said. "We will always have tremendous respect for each other and our families. We have five beautiful children together and they remain our top priority. We ask for your privacy during this time."
The White House declined to comment on the reports and referred questions to the Trump Organization.
The two met in 2003 when Donald Trump introduced them at a fashion show, and were married in 2005, The New York Times reported in 2006.
Though she primarily remains out of the public eye, Vanessa Trump was recently in the news when she opened a letter containing a suspicious substance last month, which the New York Police Department ultimately deemed harmless.
- Donald Trump Jr. and Vanessa Trump are separating
- Vanessa Redgrave Fast Facts
- Envían carta sospechosa a Donald Trump Jr.
- Donald Trump Jr. sells America's integrity cheap
- Donald Trump Jr. to host Trump Tower buyers from India
- Donald Trump Jr., Trump Org. in spotlight after Cohen plea
- When Donald Trump was separated from his family
- Donald Trump Jr. asks House Intel Committee to investigate leaks
- Judiciary chairman plans to release Donald Trump Jr. transcript
- Donald Trump Jr. will dine with apartment buyers in India