George and Amal Clooney have stepped up in support of the survivors of the deadly shooting in Parkland, Florida.
The superstar couple announded Tuesday that they are donating $500,000 to the upcoming "March For Our Lives" in the names of their 8-month-old twins, Alexander and Ella.
The couple is making a donation in their children's names
They gave for social justice last year
A group of teens who survived the massacre that left 17 dead at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School are organizing a march on Washington, DC on March 24 to advocate for reduced gun violence.
"Amal and I are so inspired by the courage and eloquence of these young men and women from Stoneman Douglas High School," George Clooney said in a statement. "Our family will be there on March 24 to stand side by side with this incredible generation of young people from all over the country, and in the name of our children Ella and Alexander, we're donating $500,000 to help pay for this groundbreaking event."
"Our children's lives depend on it," he added.
It's not the first time the couple has added their voices -- and funds -- to an initiative.
In August, they made a $1 million donation through their Clooney Foundation to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to combat hate groups.
- George and Amal Clooney to attend March For Our Lives
- George Clooney brought to tears by Amal's heartfelt tribute
- Amal Clooney to represent Reuters journalists jailed in Myanmar
- Amal Clooney calls on Myanmar to pardon jailed Reuters journalists
- George Clooney involved in scooter accident
- George Clooney, involucrado en accidente en Italia
- Oprah, Steven Spielberg also donating to March For Our Lives, following George Clooney's pledge
- George Clooney praises Parkland survivors in open letter ahead of March for Our Lives
- George Clooney, Paul McCartney and more celebrities join March for Our Lives
- George Clooney is working on a Watergate series for Netflix