A man is in custody after the body of a woman was discovered lying face down in a gutter near his motor home in the Gardena area Thursday night.
The body was found about 9:17 p.m. by a woman walking on Main Street just south of Rosecrans Avenue in an unincorporated area near Gardena, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department stated in a news release.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Lt. John Corina, who said the woman's body was found bloodied and naked in the gutter in front of a motor home that was parked along the curb.
A 55-year-old man who was inside the motor home was detained and determined to be a suspect in the woman's death.
"He ends up saying yes he knows that person. He put her there," Corina said.
The man said the woman was a prostitute he picked up somewhere over the last couple of days.
He also told authorities he ended up killing her inside the motor home before dumping her body on the street, Corina said.
The unidentified victim most likely died from blunt force trauma, but that had not been officially determined, Corina said. There were no gunshot or stab wounds on her body.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Sheriff's Department at 323-890-5500. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call "Crime Stoppers" at 800-222-TIPS (8477).
- Man in Motorhome Suspected of Killing Woman, Dumping Her Naked Body on Gardena Area Street
- Naked man chases woman on Michigan trail
- Officer suspended after punching naked woman
- Nearly naked man arrested on airport taxiway
- Naked woman runs from car after crash into median
- Surveillance video shows naked woman stealing patrol truck, dragging deputy
- Man murdered couple, dumped their bodies in a mine, police say
- Dancing naked man arrested at scene of five car accident
- Police: Naked Man Locks Himself In McDonald's Bathroom
- Paris' first naked restaurant to close