Seven people were arrested in a string of thefts across Mid-Michigan.
Authorities said the investigation began after an arrest was made over a stolen vehicle that fled from deputies and was found to have stolen items inside.
Following the arrest, investigators learned of locations in Clare and Gladwin Counties where several stolen items and illegal narcotics were supposed to be located.
Detectives executed search warrants at a home on Opland Road in Gladwin County, a home in the 500 block of Dodge Lake in Hamilton Township and a home in the 4000 block of North Hoover in Hamilton Township.
The stolen property came from locations in eight different counties, police said.
Three people were arrested from the Clare County locations, including a 34-year-old Harrison man, a 57-year-old Harrison man, and a 48-year-old Harrison woman. They're being held in the Clare County Jail pending review of charges.
Four people from the Gladwin County location were arrested and booked in the county jail.
Their names have not been released.
Authorities ask any business owners who may have recently been a victim of fraudulent check activity from the JRI Home Improvement Company to contact Clare County Sheriff Detectives at 989-539-7166 extension 4313 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 arrested in string of thefts across several Michigan counties
- Deputies: Detective arrested for theft
- Michigan woman arrested for embezzling over $50,000
- String of brutal rapes shocks India
- GBI investigates string of officer-involved shootings
- Man arrested in string of sexual assaults dating back to 1996
- Michigan man arrested after caller threatens to kill CNN employees
- Chris Matthews retires from MSNBC after string of recent controversies
- Michigan county in Thumb won't pursue opioid makers
- Man arrested in bed on 1989 car theft