Erica White, the Austell woman accused of giving her 2-year-old child a lethal dose of codeine, was found guilty on all counts on Monday, including malice murder and felony murder.
An autopsy of her child revealed the child died from a lethal dose of codeine. White was found guilty of 16 charges including malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, two counts of making a false statement, three counts of identity fraud, six counts of financial transaction card fraud, second-degree forgery and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
The incident occurred in 2014 at the family's home in Austell, 17 miles northwest of Downtown Atlanta.
- Mother convicted of murder, 15 other charges after 2-year-old child given lethal dose of codeine
- Buffalo mother charged with manslaughter in death of 2-year-old
- Nurse charged for giving fatal dose of meth
- Vigil held for murdered 2-year-old
- Why the government is creating lethal viruses
- Volcanologist: Why Guatemala's volcano is so lethal
- Mother and baby die mysteriously, 2-year-old survives
- Gov. Holcomb signs bill allowing murder charges for unborn child if mother is injured or killed
- No bail for father in murder of 2-year-old son
- Mother Charged for Crash that Killed Her Child