(CNN) -- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has refused a request for 15 Russian athletes and coaches to attend the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics. The 13 athletes and two coaches were among 28 Russian athletes whose lifetime bans were overturned by the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Friday. After the ruling, the Russian Olympic Committee requested they be allowed to attend to Olympics, which are due to start in South Korea on Friday, February 9. In a statement issued Monday, the IOC said its interview review panel examined each application on a case-by-case basis and suspicion remained about potential anti-doping violations. On Friday, CAS ruled in favor of 28 Russian athletes given lifetime Olympic bans for doping violations during the 2014 Sochi Winter Games, saying there was insufficient evidence to show they had broken the rules.
(CNN) -- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has refused a request for 15 Russian athletes and coaches to atten...
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 10:12 AM
Updated: Feb 5, 2018 10:12 AM
- URGENT - IOC refuses Russian athletes' request to join Winter Olympics
- IOC refuses Russian athletes' request to join Winter Olympics
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- Russian athletes lose last ditch appeal to join the Winter Olympics
- IOC bans Russian athletes from marching behind flag at closing ceremony
- IOC extends deadline for North Koreans to register for Olympics
- CAS to hear last-ditch Winter Olympics plea by 32 Russian athletes
- URGENT - 12 Russians indicted in Mueller investigation
Scroll for more content...