As first reported by SCOUT Fantasy Sports, Eric Wood has suffered a career-ending neck injury.
The Bills will hold a news conference regarding the situation Monday.
Eyewitness News' own Joe Buscaglia has also confirmed reports of the serious injury.
Wood is coming off his ninth season with the Bills and played every game this season. According to Schefter, the injury is partially due to "wear and tear"
Several bills players have taken to Twitter to tweet their support for their teammate
Eric Wood himself put out a series of tweets responding to the reports of his neck injury and confirmed it is indeed career-ending.
One read, "I was diagnosed with a neck injury as part of my season-ending physical with the Bills. After consultation with Dr. Cappuccino and other physicians, I was informed that I was no longer cleared to play football, even with surgery or further treatment."
The Bills took to Twitter to show support for Wood as well
- Buffalo Bills player suffers career-ending neck injury
- Black man killed during arrest suffered neck injury, likely died of asphyxia, coroner says
- Serena Williams suffers worst defeat of her career
- College wrestler suffers severe injuries following sledding accident
- Study: US personnel suffered 'symptoms resembling brain injury' in Cuba
- Videos show response after Maryland player Jordan McNair suffered heatstroke
- Armed robbery inside taxicab in Buffalo
- Neck-and-neck race for House seat in Kentucky
- Neck-and-neck battle for Arizona Senate seat
- High School JV Wrestler Paralyzed From Neck Down After Injury At Match