The band teacher arrested in November for sending lewd photos of herself to a 13-year-old student has been re-arrested for sending nude pictures of herself to another student at another school.
According to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, a second student, this one from Fisher Middle-High School in Lafitte, came forward after 30-year-old Viridiania Ramos was arrested in November for sending pictures to the student from L.W. Ruppel Academy for Advanced Studies in Gretna.
The student in Lafitte was 14 at the time, according to JPSO, and the pictures were sent in 2016.
JPSO Lt. Jason Rivarde said Ramos added the 13-year-old Gretna student on Snapchat, a social media app, and started sending messages.
Soon, though, those messages turned into photos of her breasts, buttocks and vagina.
The photos came to light after rumors started spreading around the school, leading the school principal to question the student, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Jason Rivarde.
Ramos, of Marrero, was booked Nov. 17 on one count of indecent behavior with a juvenile. She was released a few days later on a $5,000 bond.
She turned herself in for the second warrant and was booked into the Jefferson Parish Jail Monday (Jan. 8) for indecent behavior with a juvenile.
- Gretna teacher re-arrested, accused of sending lewd pictures to second student
- Former High School teacher arrested for 'lewd or lascivious' act with student
- Teacher arrested after punching student
- Parma City councilman resigns after lewd conduct arrest
- Teacher accused of molesting student for years
- Gretna man exonerated after serving 38 years in prison for rape
- Gretna doctor suspected of running pill mill surrenders his medical license
- Principal says no to transgender student's yearbook pictures
- Controversy over transgender student's pictures comes to an end
- Teacher accused of stealing cash, gift card from student's purse