EUGENE, Ore. -- The City of Eugene is looking for volunteers who don't mind getting a little dirty this weekend.
The city is holding a Clean Up for Clean Water event at Ferndale Park on Saturday.
The park has one of the largest stormwater facilities in Eugene and they need volunteers to help clear out extra vegetation to make sure clean water is flowing into our rivers.
Volunteers will also plant trees. They are looking for volunteers of all ages and volunteers don't need experience, just warm clothes that can get dirty. The city will provide tools, gloves, and instructions. To sign up to volunteer contact Vanessa Young. Call her at 541-682-4831 or email her at Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find other ways to volunteer click here.
- Volunteers needed to help Clean Up for Clean Water
- EPD recruits teen volunteers for Safety Town
- WWII veteran and volunteer to be honored
- Consumer Reports: Benefits of water
- Save money on your water bill
- EPUD offering rebate for hybrid electric water heater
- Donations help women in need with breast cancer treatment
- Skilled to Work: Eugene company needs to fill positions
- In The Garden: No need to mow this grass
- Skilled to Work: Welders needed as cities continue to grow