EUGENE, Ore. -- A push to ban Styrofoam to go containers failed in Oregon.
Two Democrats joined Republicans to vote down the measure in the state Senate. Lawmakers said the ban stifled technological innovation.
Some cities in Oregon have already passed similar laws about Styrofoam. Maine recently became the first state to ban it.
- Styrofoam ban fails to pass in Oregon
- Recycle Styrofoam at all St. Vincent De Paul locations
- Consumer Reports: Banned drugs in meat
- Oregon Connections Academy students explore CTE opportunities
- Oregon bottle redemption rate reaches 90 percent
- China's recycling ban sends millions of pounds of recyclables to landfills
- Komen Oregon CEO encourages Race for the Cure fundraising
- Race for the Cure fundraising goes back into Oregon community
- Oregon State joins the fight against breast cancer
- Police crack down on dangerous drug in Oregon