EUGENE, Ore. – Hibiscus can be hard to grow in Oregon, but Rose of Sharon is one type that grows well here in our area.
Rose of Sharon loses its leaves in the winter, and then in the spring it leafs out and then flowers in the summer. Hibiscus need a sunny location and a lot of water when they start to flower.
For more information about hibiscus head to Johnson Brothers Garden Market.
- In The Garden: Adding a touch of the tropics with Hibiscus
- In The Garden: Adding 'living coral' to you garden
- In The Garden: Tropical plants can thrive in western Oregon
- In The Garden: Tropical Bird's Nest Ferns can thrive indoors
- In The Garden: Adding vibrant colors with salvia flowers
- In the Garden: Adding a splash of green with Monsteras
- In The Garden: Adding a variety of color with Heuchera
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends