BOULDER, Colo. – The No. 7 ranked Oregon women's basketball team started slow but pulled away late to win, 74-55, at Colorado on Friday night.
The Ducks (19-3, 8-1 Pac-12) maintained their one-game lead over Stanford and UCLA in the Pac-12 standings with the victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED: The Ducks faced a 14-9 deficit early in the first quarter as Colorado knocked down three of its first four three-point attempts. But the Ducks chipped into the lead, jumping in front 15-14 on a Ruthy Hebard layup with 2:35 left in the first. Oregon trailed, 16-15, at the end of the first.
Oregon opened the second on a 12-0 run, highlighted by a pair of steal and score layups for Satou Sabally and Maite Cazorla. Until CU's Kennedy Leonard hit a three-pointer with 4:37 left in the second, the Ducks had outscored the Buffs, 18-2, in the quarter. The Ducks led by as much as 15 points in the second, but Colorado climbed back into the game as Leonard hit a pair of threes to end the second quarter. The Ducks owned a 39-32 lead at halftime. Both teams shot 40 percent from the field in the first half but Oregon had a 10-0 edge in points off turnovers.
The Ducks continued to pull ahead in the third quarter. Sabrina Ionescu and Justine Hall hit back-to-back threes to end the quarter and Oregon led Colorado, 56-43, going to the fourth. Satou Sabally also hit a three-pointer in the quarter.
It was more of the same in the fourth quarter as the Ducks continued to pull away from the Buffs. Oregon outscored Colorado, 35-23, after halftime to come away with the 74-55 win.
BOX SCORE: Ruthy Hebard had a team-high 20 points on 9-of-14 shooting plus nine rebounds. Sabrina Ionescu filled the stat sheet with 14 points, seven rebounds and eight assists without a turnover. Satou Sabally tallied 12 points and grabbed five rebounds.
UP NEXT: Oregon heads to Salt Lake City to face Utah at 11 AM PT on Sunday. The game will be aired live on Pac-12 Oregon and Pac-12 Mountain.
Courtesy: Oregon Athletics
- Oregon Pulls Away to Beat Colorado
- Oregon shakes slow start to beat Arizona
- Oregon St. holds on to beat Gonzaga
- Oregon beats CSUN to stay perfect at Kajikawa Classic
- Hebard scores 30 as No. 9 Oregon beats Washington 76-63
- No. 14 Arizona beats Oregon State 75-65 in OT
- No. 2 Oregon St. rallies to beat Ohio St.
- Beavers knock off Colorado behind Kat Tudor's 23 points
- Hebard sets NCAA record, No. 9 Oregon beats USC in 2nd OT
- Web Extra: Oregon Softball on beating Albany in NCAA Regionals (5/17/18)