SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Two Springfield Police Department employees are being investigated following controversial Facebook posts.
Recently, inappropriate comments were posted on the Springfield Police Department's Facebook page and they were said to be from Chief Rick Lewis.
A concerned citizen emailed the city and brought it to their attention sparking an investigation.
City spokesperson Neil Laudati said the comments were not made by Chief Lewis. He said the chief doesn't use Facebook.
Laudati said the comments were made by Springfield Police Department employees. Those employees are now being investigated.
He said the police department takes their role in the community very seriously and wants to reassure community members that they will be looking further into it.
The comments have since been deleted.
- Two SPD employees investigated for inappropriate Facebook comments
- SPD: Man on meth arrested, tried fighting officers
- SPD officer says he would have confronted school shooter
- State senator from Roseburg accused of inappropriate touching
- NBC fires Matt Lauer following inappropriate sexual behavior complaint
- Nike senior executive to step down after inappropriate workplace behavior
- Lane county prepares for employee strike
- Man accused of punching Sizzle Pie employee
- Lucky Lizard employee robbed at gunpoint
- Mill employees search for work after fire