CAMANO ISLAND, Wash. (AP) - A Washington state sheriff says the body of a woman found near a gun- and ammo-filled bunker last weekend had been decapitated, and a man sought in the case is on the loose and possibly headed for California.
The Island County coroner identified the victim as 26-year-old Katherine Cunningham. Detectives found her body Saturday on an undeveloped parcel of land on Camano Island, north of Seattle.
Nearby, investigators discovered a bunker dug into a hillside containing supplies, guns and ammo.
Island County Sheriff Mark Brown said Wednesday that police are looking for 34-year-old Jacob Gonzales, whom he called a person of interest.
Gonzales is believed to be armed and driving a green 1990 Mitsubishi Montero, with Washington license plate AYE2639.
- Sheriff: Person of interest in decapitation case may be driving through Oregon
- Oregon bus driver charged with drunken driving
- Sheriff’s office makes arrest in Lebanon arson case
- New changes being made to Oregon driving laws
- Oregon introduces the possibility of allowing self-driving cars
- Court rules against Oregon bakers in wedding cake case
- Ex-youth Oregon pastor pleads guilty in girls' video case
- One person injured in tanker truck crash
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- One person killed in car crash