EUGENE, Ore.-- Students at Monroe Middle School inspired each other to be inclusive Thursday, at the annual unity assembly. The goal was to give students and staff a chance to share a message of hope, respect, and inclusion for everyone.
Students, teachers, and parents took part in activities, and listened to testimonials of students, hoping to inspire others to be make everyone feel welcome.
We spoke to an 8th grader and class president at Monroe. She said she and her friends are trying to do their part in including others.
"If somebody's sitting alone I will try and see if they maybe want to sit with me and my friends or if they want to you know, be involved with us. So they're not completely alone," Mahlia Mosely said.
Several students and teachers were given awards for their efforts in integrity, character, and respect.
- Monroe Middle School students get inclusive for unity assembly
- Middle school student hospitalized with meningococcal disease
- Roseburg middle school student arrested for school threat
- New cases of whooping cough reported at UO, Monroe Middle School
- South Albany High School pushes for a more inclusive mascot
- New middle school grand opening
- Middle school students participated in the Great ShakeOut
- Student arrested for threat made towards Joseph Lane Middle School
- Thurston Middle School students take a "Long Walk to Water"
- Roosevelt Middle School students present gun control project