Photo Gallery 4 Images
EUGENE, Ore. – Don’t let his size fool you. A pint-sized police officer in Eugene is ready to catch the bad guys.
Camden McGee stands 44 inches tall, and according to Eugene police, the 10-year-old is one of the most inspiring officers on the force.
Camden is one of two boys in Oregon battling a rare disorder called Lowe syndrome. When he’s having a good week, he doesn’t leave home without his uniform.
His stepdad said he got the bug to become a police officer about four or five years ago, when officers came to their home looking for a former tenant.
Camden got to check out their patrol car and try out the loudspeaker.
Ever since, he likes to patrol the streets of Eugene with his uniform, badge and handcuffs as often as he can.
- Eugene police meet 10-year-old officer
- Eugene invites you to meet the police chief finalists
- Eugene Police preparing for Eugene Marathon
- Police investigate homicide in Eugene
- Eugene hires interim police chief
- Skinner named Eugene's police chief
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Data breached at Eugene Dentist Office
- County officials from across Oregon meet in Eugene