A pregnant woman tells deputies she was assaulted in a road rage incident in North Fort Myers Monday.
The victim told deputies she had made a u-turn on Littleton Road near Littleton Elementary and waited for a silver car to pass before continuing eastbound.
She says she had passed the silver car, but when both vehicles stopped at a red light at U.S. 41, the driver and passenger got out of the silver car and began yelling obscenities. That's when the passenger started punching her through an open window.
The victim says the was yelling that she was pregnant during the altercation.
Detectives were able to identify 22-year-old Nicole Lawler at the suspect in the assault.
She was charged with battery.
- Deputies: Pregnant woman punched in road rage case
- Woman dead, pregnant woman injured in shooting
- Crash kills pregnant woman, baby survives
- Pregnant woman stabbed 30 times, baby dies
- Woman says she's feared Arnold road rage suspect 'for decades'
- Deputies arrest driver who allegedly rammed motorcyclist off road in Sarasota road rage incident
- Woman says she's feared Arnold road rage suspect 'for decades' Woman says she's feared Arnold road rage suspect 'for decades'
- Man shot in Phoenix road rage incident
- Road-rage incident spills out on highway
- Driver arrested in motorcycle road rage incident