ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The search continues for a Roseburg man, who went missing nearly four years ago.
Eugene Armstrong was last seen in Sutherlin on February 26th, 2014, on his way to Salem. No one knows if he ever made it there.
"That’s the last time, that we know, anybody had contact with him," said Sgt. Dennis Chrisenbery, with the Roseburg Police Dept.
Sgt. Chrisenbery said the 57-year-old got a ride to Sutherlin from a deputy with another law enforcement agency.
"He actually asked the deputy for the ride and the other agency was kind enough to that," Sgt. Chrisenbery. During the nearly 11 mile drive north, he said Armstrong appeared to be acting normally.
Sutherlin was as far as the deputy could take him; it was expected that he would continue his journey from there. Why he was going to Salem is unknown.
About a month later, Sgt. Chrisenbery said a concerned neighbor called police: "Armstrong was reported missing by a neighbor and someone that typically sees him.”
He said Armstrong does have a house in Roseburg and it’s still under his name. He said police have been out to it on multiple occasions, but they haven’t found any evidence of him, or anyone else living there since he went missing.
Sgt. Chrisenbery said they’ve also checked several facilities in Salem, to see if he checked in anywhere with no luck.
"We’ve also checked financial records and those kinds of things, and we are seeing no activity from Mr. Armstrong, on any of his financial accounts either," said Sgt.Chrisenbery.
He said they’re concerned for his safety: "We have him at 6’1” about 170 pounds. He’s a thin, caucasian male, fairly scruffy looking beard."
They’re asking anyone who’s seen him to give them a call.
"Even if it was really old information, it would be potentially helpful for our detectives to follow up on...we’re looking to generate new leads and hopefully resolve this, and find him," said Sgt. Chrisenbery.
- Search continues for missing Roseburg man
- Corvallis father continues search for missing son
- Search continues for missing Springfield mother
- Skilled to work: Roseburg students take home national awards
- Skilled to Work: Roseburg High School brings back auto shop
- Social media tips for your next job search
- Family seeks tips to find missing father
- Man goes from treating bullet wounds to treating toothaches
- Weight of Survival: Springfield man helps save teen in Las Vegas shooting