Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore -- Team Recycle is helping businesses in the Eugene-Springfield area recycle 50 percent more while preventing any contamination that would send recyclables to the landfill. Their service is often free and helps reduce company garbage bills.
The company sorts and maintains business garbage and recycle bins Sundays through Fridays. They make sure non-recyclable materials are mixed into the recycling bin. If this happens, the entire bin will be dumped into the landfill.
Once the trash and recycling have been sorted, they will sweep and blow out enclosures and remove large items that can't be disposed of in the bins, like furniture and appliances. They said most of which is removed for free. They also handle any toxic materials needed to dispose of, like paints, bulbs, and batteries for free.
In their first two years of operation, Team Recycle was responsible for keeping 500,000 lbs. of recyclable and toxic materials that were disposed of properly, donated, or reused out of the landfill. That equates to 1,250 dumpsters worth of material.
Click here to see if your business can work with Team Recycle.
- Company helps businesses recycle 50 percent more
- Hummingbird Wholesale makes recycling easy
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Marion County scales back curbside recycling
- China's recycling ban sends millions of pounds of recyclables to landfills
- Lane County officials urge residents to recycle electronics
- Sanipac explains what can and cannot be recycled
- Electronics can be recycled at new locations in Lane County
- Recycle Styrofoam at all St. Vincent De Paul locations
- Lane County changes recycling rules for construction materials