ROSEBURG, Ore. - On Thursday morning, November 30, Lithia Ford Lincoln of Roseburg presented a $6,500 check to the Community Cancer Center.
Staff said the donation began during the Cancer Center's "Power of Pink" event in October. During that month the car dealership donated $100 of every car they sold, and they presented the combination of those earnings this week.
The Community Cancer Center said they're incredibly thankful for this generous donation.
”So we are very grateful to our community because our community continues to give to the Community Cancer Center which enables us to be able to provide our services," said the Cancer Center's executive director, Tammy Turner.
Lithia Ford Lincoln said it's incredibly important for them to donate locally. They want the community to think of them as a partner.
Both organizations were thrilled with the partnership and are looking forward to working together again in the future.
- Community Cancer Center receives a generous local donation
- Donations help women in need with breast cancer treatment
- Cancer Support Resources
- Researchers develop targeted breast cancer therapy
- Healthcare workers walk for breast cancer awareness
- Breast cancer helpline gives patients, survivors support
- New treatment approved for breast cancer patients
- More Than Pink campaign aims to eliminate breast cancer deaths
- Study suggests women should take cancer-fighting drugs longer
- Research shows birth control could increase breast cancer risk